Friday 12 February 2010

Man Mo temple






This is Man Mo temple. I walk past the temple everyday on my way to work and observe the coach loads of people that turn up to its doors everyday. I always wondered what it was like inside and then me Alex went in one day to find out. It is amazing inside and certainly a real hub for locals to worship. The rituals seem to be that you give offerings of fruit, light some incense, waft some paper, then bang a gong and a bell to the Gods. I haven't had chance to look up what they all mean but it's certainly an experience to see. We couldn't stay in there too long as there was so much burning incense you could hardly breath and it began to sting our eyes. I'm so glad I got to see behinds it doors, as it is such an incredibly beautiful and peaceful place. I can see why so many people want to go and visit it now.